Sunday, July 17, 2011

WK 15: 100 Days, 100 Dives

It's hot. Flames dance about me, framing my figure in a circle of fire. I concentrate on not setting myself aflame, attempting to complete a flurry of twirls and spins. If done correctly, the movement will appear effortless. If not, I'll endure the same fate as the fish and burgers on the BBQ. No need to fret. I've never done this before, but I don't worry. I don't sweat. It's a tango with fire, so I dance.

****

It was a long week, but as the fatigue settles into the marrow of my bones, I know I've been working well. Leading dives, ensuring an enjoyable and quality diving experience is taxing, but worth the smiles and looks of enchantment when a customer comes face to face with a shark or has a chance to swim with a turtle. Every day I learn something new, every day I breathe a little deeper and swim a little stronger. This is living fully.

I've logged over 100 dives and passed the 100 day mark since arriving in the Seychelles. Somehow, I'm still kicking (literally). A thousand thanks to family and friends, near and far- you are truly my inspiration to live more fully by being a part of my life. Here's to the next 100!

No comments:

Post a Comment