Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Round 2: Koh Tao

Beads of sweat trickle down my forehead gathering above my eyelids. With one blink I unleash a waterfall down my cheeks and chin. Wiping my forehead with my forearm, I make a futile attempt to clear away the sweat. It's sweltering hot here. Goodbye, winter. Hello, Koh Tao.

*****

It's been a while since my last post- over a year... I have gotten out of the habit of logging into these things and before I knew it, a year pass. There are worse things but I figured some sort of explanation was due...

I am now writing from Koh Tao, Thailand. The island is saturated with dive shops and tourist boutiques. Motorbikes zip along the road while tourists in their bikinis and board-shorts meander the streets looking for the best deals. It's incredibly western, but thankfully I'm staying in a house away from the frenzy and the crowds on the northern edge of town (past Coral Grand).

I have come here to take an underwater videography course and internship as well as to complete my open water scuba instructor certification. For the next 2 months I'll be here filming with Oceans Below and Scuba Junction then earning my OWSI. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to share my experience with others through film and instructing. I am also looking forward to cooling off by swimming most of the day. Sanuk!


No comments:

Post a Comment